Thursday 8 December 2016

BAPP Arts 2016-17 Module 1 task 3d - Critical questions and Issues that emerge

Do some very specific ideas emerge about your networking and sources? Does your engagement to date seem appropriate? Limited? Focused? Planned? Unplanned?


My network is small at the moment, I know that to benefit my learning's and develop my career I need to explore and expand my network and join more communities of learning with in my profession. I am more planned and thought out than I used to be in terms of looking for answers and sourcing material.

Are your ideas, position or concerns shared by others within and/or beyond your professional area of work?


In my job my ideas and concerns are shared with other colleagues. We support each other in our work based community and are able to normally work through and problem solve any issues. Some point I have raised in my mini inquiry and section 2 are certainly shared by others in the realm of the big wide world. I think no matter what your ideas and concerns are most human beings can relate to and connect to a point of view of others. Many people share my ideas, just as I share theirs.



Does sharing ideas and communicating with others shift your thinking/ planning or practice?

Would sharing you ideas and communicating with others not automatically shift your thinking? The only reason you would share/speak to someone regarding anything would be to get their opinion of the matter and because you do not know what they will say you automatically begin to predict. Through speaking to the head of my department and music teachers in my office I have talked a lot about the BAPP course especially during section 2 module 1 (reflective practitioner). They shared with my lots of different strategies they use and ways they reflect on their practice. This definitely changed they way I work.

Does critical reflection help you to decide what really matters and actions to take?

Once I started using my own little Gibb's cycle, I realised how valuable 'Critical reflection' really is. How can you grow and a person and practitioner if you cannot reflect, critique and improve you practice? It would be like a magician only learning one card trick, or and actor never watching his performance in a film, or a dancer rehearsing in a room with no mirrors. Pointless. Using the Gibbs cycle helps me identify what really matters during my reflection time and plan for the next hurdle.

To what extent do concepts and theories assist you in thinking about your professional networking in different ways? And do these different ways of thinking have some purpose for you?

As an obsessive connectivist (click, click, click), I have really enjoyed researching into theorists. It has enabled me to think outside of the box at times, and encouraged me to ask questions within my network. Developing my communication and reflection skills. From this research I have found out new facts and discovered inspiring individuals I did not know existed.

Are you left thinking differently prior to this part of the module? And if so, why?


I am not sure if I am left thinking differently however, I have gained some more evidence to support my prior knowledge of facts. My thinking's have been strengthened by my findings and in turn that has encouraged me to explore more into writings, articles and blogs.


Below are some comments I have left on peoples blogs:


"I agree with what you say about Outlook being useful for communicating within you networks but I don't think it is a 'network' itself it is a tool or communication. I also use outlook in my school through London Grid for learning. The software itself is not the network however, its the people you communicate with that are the network. Outlook is gateway, just the same as a text message of phone call. would you agree?"


"You should look on Facebook and teaching forums to expand your network via web 2.0. I use the internet more that I do face to face mainly because of the hours I teach and lack of free time. If you set some strong connections now, once you qualify, looking for jobs and vacancies will be much easier.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/299126263546170/

https://www.facebook.com/londondanceteachers/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1109976919034029/

these pages were like gold for me starting out as a teacher. do you think they will help?"


"One source of information you could consider (if you think it is a source?) is a "live aspect" for example theatre, lectures, any performance. I took so much information when I was at college from going and seeing plays and shows I would have to write about. Also currently in my profession I got to seminars and trainings where I always learn new things. Possibly a 5th option for you?"


"I do exactly the same process when I am stuck on a task or am finding it difficult. Do you ever worry though that reading another blog will lead you a certain way in thought before attempting the task first yourself?"







No comments:

Post a Comment