Tuesday 6 December 2016

BAPP Arts 2016-17 Module 1 Task 3c - Sources of information


My chain sequence of sourcing information:


Above is the order I would say I currently source information either in my work or on the BAPP arts course. Currently I would say I work around the red and yellow sections as these are the sorts of readings I really enjoy and find interesting, but I know not always the most reliable/concrete. I would move onto the grey area if there is something new I need to look up or if I am starting a topic I with my students that I need to research more. The green section is the one I would have avoided in the past, one because can be full of so much information that it overwhelms me and two because the other three methods before are more convenient (which is not the best excuse). I am fortunate, through the course I am on, that I have to read books from our reading list and I also have been ordering and reading my own findings. This is building my confidence and slowly but surely changing my sourcing pattern.


I would like develop my sourcing strategies and build upon my network. I would like to add a 'live' aspect to my chain. Through attending more seminars, trainings and short courses I can gather information and meet people who have had first hand experience, this would also develop my people-network. YouTube is the temporary replacement at this time (watching recorded trainings and seminars), but really that comes under blogs and websites. It would be interesting to know if people have similar or different sequence of sourcing as me. Comment below what your order is...




1 comment:

  1. Hi Joseph! Interesting to see your different sources of information. I have also used the internet as one of my sources although I think that I find the sources which involve direct face to face communication with others more important in my assimilation of knowledge. I also share your feeling about wanting to do more short courses and training sessions as I feel this would really develop my network of contacts.

    ReplyDelete