Monday 5 December 2016

BAPP Arts 2016-17 Module 1 Task 3a - Current Networks


 



I am currently using only two "tools" for networking, one being this Blog and the other Facebook. A lot of my colleagues say they read a lot of blogs and read many different articles online. When I was a professional dance my Facebook page was used predominantly for networking. All of my current headshots and dance photos were posted, I would have regular posts on my page during lots of different jobs I did, some funny and some serious and I would always friend request any dancer/choreographer I ever worked with. I was incredibly committed to following the right people online who could benefit my career and make sure they knew what I was currently doing work wise.


There were loads of dancers pages where people would post jobs and teaching jobs, you could send private messages in reply to the add or use the contact information. I advertised a few times on the teaching sites for my Saturday school to employ part time ITSD qualified teachers. Most of the replies were very professional and I was always successful in finding good experienced teachers. My approach to Facebook now is very different. I use it purely to connect with old friends a family. there are 2 groups I follow for my teaching. 'Teachers of AQA Dance GCSE' and Teachers of AQA Dance A Level'. These groups are great for sharing resources and reading up about up and coming training sessions. People post their opinions and ideas just like blog and people can comment on them and share also. Every dance teacher I know is part of the group and some top examiners are also on it. I like it because it is a forum where people can communicate without seeing each others personal profiles. Its is screened regularly and run very professionally. Below is a screen shot of the group one member has just posted the information to a online Google drive of resources for the new dance specifications to help new teachers.





It is a brilliant networking channel.


I am friend with a few colleagues on Facebook but only ones who are friends outside of work. I know I am not using this blog to its full capacity. If I were to comment more on other blogs from the course I'm sure it would open up and good channel of communication do further develop some ideas and thoughts. I have never really considered an Ideal Network. If I'm honest it would involve and computer of the internet. It would be in a meeting room being chaired by someone and verbally interacting with people face to face. the time when I am most comfortable is when I am in a training session or faculty meeting and people are able to share their ideas and experiences and you get to meet people from all different schools that run in different ways. You can exchange contact information and share ideas and thoughts via email, so it is direct. Hopefully reader 3 will give me a better understanding of online networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment