Friday 4 November 2016

BAPP Arts 2016-17 Module 1 Task 1c + 1d : Audio-visual and 2d Images

Below are two links, one for my youtube channel and the other for my flicker account. On my Youtube channel you will see I have posted brief video introduction about myself and why I have chosen to do the BAPP Arts course.


Online audio-visual communication technologies such as YouTube.com and flikr.com are incredibly popular nowadays. I can't say I have used them to develop my professional practice much however, I have used them to benefit life learnings and fix junk. If you were to put the channels into an index or genre's the list would be endless. These sites are full of all types of videos from Vlogging (video blog) to old TV episodes to music videos to life hacks. Something I have found useful from these websites are the tutorials that individuals post. I am not a huge fan of reading instructions or back to back book/novels. So if I need to find out some information on a product I am using or a synopsis of a book, normally I can find it on one of these sites.


During Task 1B, I used YouTube to research Web 2.0. I did this as it allowed me to listen to information while taking notes and looking at visual slides to help me understand more about the topic. some of the links are also below.


My YouTube and Flikr pages:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Ofc1L7UGg&feature=youtu.be


https://www.flickr.com/photos/146279359@N02/


Web 2.0 Tutorials:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iStkxcK6_vY


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq-Y3Lsuykc

4 comments:

  1. Liked the video about the course! clearly stated - photos a good start - how was this site vs instagram - ideas ? and authors names? then I could not help looking up Web 30 after the whiteboard guy - so semantic web https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=off08As3siM and Web 4.0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTZEHAgH77w - help me out here Joe - we need to add to the Reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instagram was something I avoided, I'm not really a fan of that generations game..... Annoyingly Flikr is a yahoo run website so not as convenient to join as other Google linked sites, but pretty easy to navigate once you play around a bit. I searched for a photo sharing site linked to Google and all I got was pinterest.com. I joined but could not share any photos. Do you have any other recommendations?

      I found 'whiteboardguy' (Dan Dimit) really interesting how he describes the interactivity of Web 2.0 and how money is made from it. It's incredible how Web 2.0 works with the subliminal messaging and sharing of information through links and subscriptions. I watched the links you sent through and I couldn't help but think about the film Terminator when watching that first link. Its crazy to think that 1.3 billion people are connected to the internet. I wonder how many smart devices that would be? I have six myself so I must be billions.

      Web 3.0 such an interesting next stage/concept and when they talk about our current internet being broken?!?! Most people would find that hard to believe. I wonder, could we ever have just one world wide web with all of these devices communicating with each other? I'd never forget anything ever again.... I do however find this next possible stage worrying. Social media would be a whole other reality. In one of my links Patrick Schwerdtfeger talks about bridging the gap or creating a lens between cyberspace and reality. He explains how our mobile web devices will be able to share the information about house cost etc, just by holding up our phones. Imagine what this could mean for social media! You see someone on the train, hold your phone up and get all their social media links and information about them you like. Surely Web 3.0 will come into some legal issues along the way?


      I did some reading on this new concept of technology and Tim O'Reilly has some pretty interesting points about Web 3.0 and future.


      " There’s definitely something new brewing, but I bet we will call it something other than Web 3.0. And it’s increasingly likely that it will be far broader and more pervasive than the web, as mobile technology, sensors, speech recognition, and many other new technologies make computing far more ambient than it is today." (O'Reilly, 2007).

      he also expresses his frustrations towards other definitions of web 3.0 which I thought quite funny.


      "I find myself particularly irritated by definitions of “Web 3.0” that are basically descriptions of Web 2.0 (i.e. new forms of collective intelligence applications) that justify themselves as breakthroughs only by pretending that Web 2.0 is somehow about ajax, mashups, and other client side technologies." (O'Reilly, 2007).


      Full read of Tim O'Reilly:
      http://radar.oreilly.com/2007/10/todays-web-30-nonsense-blogsto.html

      There are a few links in his blog and this one I found quite interesting. It is Stowe Boyd's blog from his reading of Jason Calacanis's blog. http://www.stoweboyd.com/post/960708441/jason-calacanis-on-web-30


      Some nicely put words about Web 3.0

      Delete
  2. Hi Joe
    Great getting going with the social media type communications. How have you found the reflection tasks and ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adesola, I am just doing the reflective writing at the moment. Finding it difficult sometimes keeping up with the journal but its going ok. I found section 2 a bit less structured than section 1. Clearer direction maybe, not sure how thought. just felt it wasn't as strong/clear as the first section.

      Some very interesting readings from the reader2.

      I will be posting some of the tasks later tonight.

      Delete