Tuesday 11 October 2016

BAPP Arts 2016-17 Module 1 Task 1a: Professional profile

Through out my professional career I have written many different CV's for the application of a variety different jobs. My first CV was written as a graduate performer back in 2008. This CV was for castings and auditions, something I always used to refer to as my 'price tag'. A list of this ins and outs of my body shape, hair colour, eye colour and the variety of skills I had acquired throughout my training. Followed by the standard boasting list of previous work, always a bit embarrassing and slightly exaggerated. This CV I would say was my most precious thing to me at the time. It would be read daily and was the first impression I made on casting agents, directors and choreographers.





My first "profession/normal" CV was for bar work. Completely different from my dancing CV, a lot more formal and much more detailed. I had no clue what to write or how it should look so I used a CV website (forgot which one) for all my mentoring needs. It turned out pretty good and I got a job! Towards the end of my performing career I started considering what i wanted to do in the future. I considered a career in events management and PR so created a CV appropriate for intern applications.





Eventually I went into education and started working for an agency as a teaching assistant (TA). The agency I worked for at the time wrote that CV for me and I was assigned to multiple schools. I then applied for TA work on my own and with all my prior knowledge and learning, put together what I consider to be a well laid out and strong CV. I have put examples of all of these CV's as it clearly shows a good example of my professional development. I think anyone would agree there is a distinct different between my first and current CV. I have also added some useful links for websites that help in drafting CV's.






https://www.myperfectcv.co.uk/
https://hants.cv-creator.com/
https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/tools/cv/Pages/default.aspx


Interestingly I haven't had to provide a CV for the past three jobs I have applied for. When you apply to work in most government schools, local boroughs and councils have applications forms with a specific layout, where you can declare previous employment and provide a personal statement. I have also provided an example of this.







Performers CV:


Barman CV:






Events Intern CV :





Teaching Assistant CV (agency) :





Current CV :





Camden Borough Application form:














1 comment:

  1. I have read a lot of cv and resumes. Best cv writers know how to get attention of recruiter to read cv. They use mind triggers to trig them when they read and short list the candidate. When I was at college. I become upset when I get writing assignment. I take help from Essay Writing Help professional writers to tackle my writing problems.

    ReplyDelete